Tuttle Orchards Fall Activities: Apple Picking, Pumpkin Patch, and so much more!
Many Indianapolis families make apple picking and pumpkin picking at Tuttle Orchards a part of their annual traditions.
Pick Your Own Activities at Indianapolis Apple Orchard Pumpkin Patch:
Indianapolis’ Favorite Pick Your Own Apples:
Cut your own Sunflowers: $1.00/flower head. Opens Mid-September to frost. As of 10/17, sunflowers are done for the season.
Pumpkin Patch: Open September 23 – October 31. Pick your own pumpkins right from the patch. Lots of pumpkin big and small. Pre-picked pumpkins available mid-September through October. We still have LOTS of pumpkins to pick.
Fall Daily Paid Activities:
Tractor Town Adventure Farm: Lots of country fun for the little people…including mazes, tractors to ride, and more. $5/child. Open Sep 2 – Oct 31. Age 1 and under free. Tractor Town will be open Nov 1-4 weather permitting from 9AM-6PM each day. Last day for Tractor Town is Nov 4 this year.
Agrimaze: Central Indiana’s Family Friendly Corn Maze: Our corn maze includes an opportunity to complete activities as a family while finding your way through the maze. $5/person. Corn Maze will be open Nov 1-4 weather permitting from 9AM-6PM each day. Last day for Tractor Town is Nov 4 this year.
Hayrides around the Farm: Take a hayride tour of the farm while hearing a bit more about the behind the scenes at Tuttles.
- Weekday afternoons (every 30 minutes from 12-6:30pm) from Sep 18-Oct 31. No weekday hayrides Nov 1-3.
- NO hayrides on weekday mornings.
- Saturdays 9:30AM-6PM (Sep 9-Oct 31). We will also be offering hayrides on Nov 4 weather permitting from 10AM-5PM.
- Last day for hayrides for 2017 is Nov 4.
Combo Pass (available for weekday afternoons or Saturdays): $9/person. Includes admission to Tractor Town, Hayrides, Agrimaze.
Food & Treats:
Cafe and Sweet Shop: Now in it’s own location. Caramel apples, apple cider slushies, homemade fudge. Open Mon-Saturday. Open all year. Serves lunch and dinner as well.
Tuttle’s Grill: Lunch featuring apple cider cooked brats, local pulled pork sandwiches and more. Open Saturdays September 9 – October 28.
- NO general admission charge or a parking fee.
- Season Pass: $25/person. Includes unlimited Agirmaze, Tractor Town, and Hayride admission for the whole 2017 fall season.
- Upick activities are paid after picking. Cost is based on quantity or size picked.
- We accept cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express at all locations throughout the orchard.
When Should We Visit?
- Want to pick pumpkins? October….Our pumpkin patch is open Sep 30- Oct 31. Pre-picked pumpkins are available typically by mid-September.
- Want to pick apples? September is the best time to come and pick apples.
- Want a fast moving festival environment? Come during one of our festival days.…Festival days offer the most activities and a fun filled, busy environment.
- Want a quieter experience? Early on a Saturday (9-11AM) or 2-6PM weekdays….the crowds are typically less during those times. Saturdays early in September and late in October are also less crowded.
- When NOT to visit: Sunday….we are closed. Since we’re still a family farm, we find we and our employees must have a day to rest and worship with their families. It helps us serve you better and have energy to keep growing great apples.
Before you Come:
- Dress for fun, outdoor environment. Tennis shoes and casual clothes are best…maybe boots if it’s rained a lot recently. Dress for the weather…which could mean sunscreen or a hat and gloves.
- Bring your camera. Info about our photo contest. Professional photographers see our Photographer Policy.
- We have plenty of picnic areas to enjoy a sack lunch or on festival days enjoy lunch at Tuttle’s Grill.
- We find most families spend several hours at the orchard so plan to arrive early enough to do all the activities you want. Please note that all outdoor and upick areas will close at closing time each evening.
- Bringing a group? For group tours, you will need to schedule in advance. Check out information here.
- For your safety, Tuttle’s is a smoke free farm…even in outdoor areas.
- Due to food safety and health department regulations, no pets except service animals are permitted. Please leave your pets at home to help your family have a better experience.
- Weather: Outdoor activities are sometimes closed due to lighting (they stay open in light rain). Please check Today at Tuttle’s Page or Facebook for any weather related changes. We also encourage you to come prepared for the weather. Mud can make great memories in the pumpkin patch if you wear old shoes or boots.
- Directions we’ve tested. Recommended over GPS or Google Maps.
- Parking: on festival days, the parking lot in the farm store area will be closed to allow for seating for you to enjoy food from the Tuttle’s Grill and Sweet Shop. Plenty of parking will be available in other areas.
- Make a day of it: area restaurants, attractions, and accommodations.